At the Flying Bull Academy we are committed to raising the participation levels for our children in sporting activities. Last year 61% of children in Key Stage 1 were involved with extra curricular activities and 58% of children in Key Stage 2.
Our use of the sports premium money for the Academic Year 2017/18 reflects this commitment, while looking to offer a range of sporting activities to engage as many children across the academy as possible as well as develop the skill sets of staff to deliver the best PE provision possible.
To see the summary (including intended impact) of the sports premium budget for 2017/18 click here or see the bottom of this page.
We allocated funding to the following areas for the academic year 2016/17:
- A Sports Service Level Agreement with Portsmouth City Council – This provides a range of quality professional development opportunities for staff, access to tournaments and competitions for children to enter in a range of sports and strategic support in providing sporting opportunities in school. Children across the academy also received specialist sports and dance coaching. Cost - £4700
- A morning sports club every week – This is provided free of charge to children and was run by Peak Performance Sports until Dec 2016. From Jan 2017 this club has been run by Mr. Povey and Mr. Dale. This club is to engage children in physical activity before school once a week. Cost - £35 per session (Total cost - £810)
- Streetdance Club – Specialist dance coaching provided as a club, provided free of charge to children. Cost - £25 per session for 1 term. (Total cost - £250)
- Cheerleading Club – A term of cheerleading that led to a competition at the end of the term. These sessions are provided free of charge to children. Cost - £25 per session. (Total cost - £250)
- Swimming Lessons – All children in Year 4 will enjoy a term of swimming lessons. Cost - £84 per session. (Total cost - £840)
- FA Level 1 Coaching badge - A member of staff passed their Level 1 badge to improve the quality of footbal coaching they could offer. Cost - £160
- Sports Resources – A lot of money was spent on sports resources as we renewed a range of equipment from footballs to benches. We also topped up a grant that we got to build some outdoor play equipment for Key Stage 1 Cost - £2693
- Extra PE kits for children - We spent a portion of the money on spare PE kits to ensure maximum participation in school PE lessons. Cost - £200