At the Flying Bull Academy we are committed to raising the participation levels for our children in sporting activities. Last year 49% of children in Key Stage 1 were involved with extra curricular activities and 58% of children in Key Stage 2.
Our use of the sports premium money for the Academic Year 2016/17 reflects this commitment, while looking to offer a range of sporting activities to engage as many children across the academy as possible as well as develop the skill sets of staff to deliver the best PE provision possible.
To see the summary (including impact) of the sports premium budget for 2016/17 click here or see the bottom of this page.
We allocated funding to the following areas for the academic year 2015/16:
- A Sports Service Level Agreement with Portsmouth City Council – This provides a range of quality professional development opportunities for staff, access to tournaments and competitions for children to enter in a range of sports and strategic support in providing sporting opportunities in school. Children across the academy also received specialist sports and dance coaching. Cost - £4200
- A morning sports club every week – This is provided free of charge to children and run by Peak Performance Sports. Cost - £35 per session
- Gymnastic Club – Specialist gymnastic coaching provided as a club, free of charge to children. Cost - £25
- Streetdance/Cheerleading Club – A term of each dance style that leads to a competition at the end of the term. These sessions are provided free of charge to children. Cost - £25
- Swimming Lessons – All children in Year 4 will enjoy a term of swimming lessons. Cost - £84
- Sports Resources – A lot of money was spent on sports resources as we renewed a range of equipment from footballs to benches. Cost - £2383
- Extra PE kits for children - We spent a portion of the money on spare PE kits to ensure maximum participation in school PE lessons. Cost - £323